Looks like this event has already ended.
Check out upcoming events by this organizer, or organize your very own event.
Black Women in the Media: Telling Our Stories. A Panel Discussion with Boston media trailblazers.
Saturday, March 17, 2012 from 9:30 AM to 12:00 PM (EDT)
The League of Women for Community Service
Celebrates Women’s History Month
"Black Women in the Media: Telling Our Stories"
A panel discussion with Boston women media trailblazers
March 17, 9:30a.m. – Noon
Linda K. Paresky Conference Center
How we understand the world around us is often shaped by media representations of news and culture. Come hear the stories, from the storytellers - black women who have played roles in the Boston media. Learn about the triumphs and challenges of these remarkable women, and learn more about the media and its future.
Listen and share your voice with….
- Sarah Ann Shaw, 31-year reporter at WBZ-TV News & community activist
- Susan “Pebbles” Semedo, co-host of “The Ramiro & Pebbles Morning Show” JAM'N 94.5FM; social networker
- Lisa Simmons, director of the Roxbury International Film Festival
- Akilah Johnson, Boston Globe reporter, social networker
- Renee T. White, Ph.D., dean of Simmons College of Arts & Sciences; author
Suggested donation is $10. Donation will be collected at the door.
This event is open to all. For more information, visit leagueofwomen.org or simmons.edu/silc
*Parking is limited at Simmons. Use of public transportation is strongly encouraged.
Hosted by The Simmons Institute for Leadership and Change - Connecting Simmons to the Community and the Community to Simmons